Alberta Provincial Nominee Program: Fast Track to Permanent Residence

The Canadian immigration procedure is often lengthy and nerve racking. Having the option of a fast tracked application is favourable, but one must know the required steps in making this a reality or might face possible refusal. A trained immigration lawyer can be your best ally when attempting to fast track your application. Our Boston office has helped thousands pursue their immigration matters and we may be able to help you as well.

The Alberta Provincial Nominee Program

This immigration program, operated on behalf of the Alberta Government, enables the process of certain permanent resident applications to be completed faster. If you are interested in settling in Alberta and you meet the criteria of one of the 5 categories below, you may be able to enter Canada in less time.

1) Employer Driven Stream (Job Offer In Alberta)

• Permanent full time job offer from an Alberta employer
• Job is in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B)*

2) International Graduate Category

• Obtained degree, diploma or completed a graduate level program at a Canadian university, college, trade or technical school
• The education program was at least 2 years at the undergraduate level OR 1 year at the graduate level
• Have a job with an Alberta employer
• Have been employed by the employer on a post graduate work permit for 6 months at minimum prior to your application
• The job is in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, B)*

3) Semi Skilled Worker Category

• Permanent, full time job offer
• Job offer is from an Alberta employer
• Job is in an eligible occupation in one of the following ( N O C C & D )
1. Food and beverage processing industry
2. Hotel lodging industry
3. Manufacturing industry
4. Long-Haul Trucking industry
5. Food Services industry

Note:  This occupation is limited to 600 nomination allocations per year and once this number has been met, no further applications will be accepted or assessed. Currently, applications are being accepted. However, it would be in your best interest to contact an immigration professional for consultation or risk missing this finite window.

Contact today for a consultation with one of our Immigration Lawyers in the Boston, MA. area.

4) Family Stream – Classification and Qualification

• You have a relative in Alberta (mother, father, son, daughter, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew)
• You can provide proof of that relationship by providing an affidavit
• Your sponsor is at least 21 years old
• The sponsor is a Canadian Citizen OR a Permanent Resident who has lived in Canada for at least 2 years and who has lived in Alberta for the past 2 years
• The sponsor is employed, has a private pension or some other source of income with which to support you
• Income from sources above is at minimum CAD $15,000
• Income from the sources above is debt free, transferable and available
• You AND your spouse/ common law partner are between the ages of 21 -45
• You AND your spouse/ common law partner can establish ONE of the following
• Have both obtained an International English Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 4.0 or a minimum of level 3 on the Test d’evaluation de francais (TEF) OR
• Can both demonstrate that English or French is your primary language of use OR
• Have both completed a minimum of a baccalaureate in English or French
• You OR your spouse/ common law partner can demonstrate:

• Completion of a post secondary education or training program
• The program was at minimum 1 year
• A degree, diploma or certificate was received

AND one of the following:
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in the past 4 years OR
• A 3 years of full time post secondary school in the past 4 years OR
• A combination of 3 years of full time work experience and post secondary school within the past 4 years
• You OR your spouse/ common law partner OR your sponsor can demonstrate
• Intention and ability to establish in Alberta based on at least
• CAD $10,000 for yourself
CAD $2,000 for each dependant
• Money must be located in a recognized Canadian financial institution

5) Self Employed Farmer – Classification and Qualification

• You are purchasing a farming enterprise
• You have a proposed business plan for the farming enterprise in Alberta
• You have financial documents for your existing farming enterprise
• You have documents pertaining to your education, training and work experience
• A Canadian financial institution is willing to finance the proposed farming enterprise
• You are committed to investing at least CDN $500,000 into a farming enterprise in Alberta
• You have documentation to prove access to CDN $500,000
• You have sufficient farming resources to develop a sustainable farming operation
• You will make a personal representation to Alberta Agriculture to demonstrate your financial capability AND specific interest in investing in Alberta

Note: If you are on an H-1B Visa you may want to consider immigrating to Alberta.

Going through the conventional immigration process often poses its fair share of hurdles. Taking advantage of a program such as this would certainly alleviate any unnecessary stress. One of the capable attorneys at out Boston office may be able to help define the parameters of your case and determine whether or not you are eligible for a speedier procedure.

Contact today for a consultation with one of our Immigration Lawyers in the Boston, MA. area.

After consulting with several lawyers, Niren & Associates was the only one willing to work with us. At this point we have been approved for our visa, and even as we face the last few and ongoing challenges before we are able to land in Canada, we can say unequivocally that without their expertise we would have been unable to make a strong enough case to the Canadian Immigration Service.  – Brian S.


* NOC 0 Legislators, senior and middle management
Usually require a university degree (bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate) OR professional designation OR
NOC A Usually requires a university degree OR
NOC B Usually require 2 or 3 years of post secondary education at a community college, institute of technology or a CEGEP
Require 18 – 72 months of apprenticeship resulting in trade certification
Individuals in the apprenticeship stage will NOT be nominated