E2 Visas in the United States

Many people who wish to work in the United States will find that there is a United States work visa that suits their situation well. This is also true for investors. The E2 work visa, a type of United States work visa, is a visa that is for investors who wish to invest in an active US business. E2 Investor Visa

This visa is available to people who are from countries that have signed a treaty with the United States. A list of those E2 treaty countries is available here.

Note that this visa has strict requirements you must meet to be eligible.

Obtaining an E2 work visa

Requirements for the E2 visa include being able to invest in an active business (as opposed to a passive investment like buying a house) and having proof that you have the funds available to commit to this investment. You may be looking at around $100,000 USD for the investment itself.

In addition, the investment must be in a business that is at least half owned by an alien from a foreign treaty country.

Another important requirement of the investment is that it generates a significant profit, which means more than just enough for the foreign national and their family to live on.

Do you want to obtain an E2 work visa for the United States? We can help you! Simply call us at the number above for an assessment of your case.

Any information provided here does not constitute legal advice and is intended for general information only. Should you require legal advise, you are encouraged to contact a lawyer directly. All blog postings are public and are not subject to solicitor/client confidentially. Case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, and case results do not guarantee or predict a similar result in any further case undertaken by the lawyer.



Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.